I am not going to lie… Pork Chops are one of those foods that I don’t like to make. Why? Because, I had not found a good way to cook them. I mean, I have cooked them but never gotten the flavor that I was looking for.
Then I got online and started searching and found a few ideas that I could try. This is what I ended up doing… Southern Style Pork Chops.
Preparing the Pork Chops
First, I seasoned the chops with both salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 a teaspoon of each). Then I chopped the onion and mixed it in with the brown sugar and ketchup.
I rubbed each pork chop with the mixture. Then, placed in a baking pan and covered with foil. Baking at 375° For about 45 minutes.
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 4 Pork Chops
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 a teaspoon of each).
- Chop onion and mixed it in with the brown sugar and ketchup.
- Rub each pork chop with the mixture.
- Place in a baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and serve.