It has been a while since I’ve shared a recipe… shame on me, for keeping all the yumminess to myself. 🙂 Truth is, I’ve been winging it, dinner, life, motherhood, everything!! Which is a testament to me needing some organization in my life at the moment. And meal planning action in the kitchen. Last week I made a sweet and spicy shrimp dinner worth sharing…
Because my love for rice is undeniable, this is the side that accompanied the shrimp. If you need basic instructions on how to make white rice, leave me a comment. 😉 I will walk you through it.
Now, on to the shrimp, you will need one pound of shrimp, brown sugar, honey, Siracha, broccoli (frozen is fine) and red pepper flakes. First cook the shrimp, at about five minutes in, you can add the frozen broccoli and red pepper flakes and cover.
For the sauce, mix the brown sugar, siracha and honey to taste. I also added about 1/4 cups of flour to thicken the sauce a bit – this is optional. Add the sauce to shrimp, mixing well and cook for about five additional minutes. Serve warm over the rice.
Easy right?! The best part is that dinner is ready in under 30 minutes. Make sure to pin it and share it with others who may find this recipe useful.
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- 1 Package of Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup of Flour, optional
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Tbs. Siracha, to taste
- 1/2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- Cook the shrimp, and at about five minutes in, add the frozen broccoli and red pepper flakes. Cover.
- For the sauce, mix the brown sugar, siracha and honey to taste. I also added about 1/4 cup of flour to thicken the sauce a bit - this is optional.
- Add the sauce to shrimp, mixing well.
- Cook for about five additional minutes.
- Serve warm over the rice.