This post was done in collaboration with Cost Plus World Market and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. All opinions are my own.
A Fútbol Fiesta with Beer Flights and Bites? Yes, please! In our home soccer is the ONE sport that we watch as a family; whether we are rooting for the same team or different teams. Our love for the sport is not only rooted in our heritage but also in our personal experiences. I played soccer in high school and so did my two sisters; and now my little ones are planning to play soccer, as they get older too.
Because this summer is the Summer of Soccer, we are getting ready to host a series of viewing parties. Especially, as we see Panama take part in what will be their first game ever in the history of the tournament – they had never participated before, so it’s a big deal in my home – therefore a celebration is mandatory!
To celebrate, I thought it would be perfect to host our Fútbol Fiesta with Beer Flights and Bites! After all, beer and fútbol just seem to go hand-in-hand. To get ready, I visited the Katy Cost Plus World Market – find yours here. They have food and wine from over 50 countries and because I needed to get my hands on beers from around the world, it only made sense to shop there.
Cost Plus World Market is this Summer of Soccer shopper’s one-stop shop for entertaining, decorating and food and drink needs at any budget. I was happy to have found exactly what I was looking for, at amazingly affordable prices.
I picked out six beers for the beer flights and after picking these, I headed over to the food area to find some bites that would compliment each beer. I found delicious bourbon popcorn, crunchy sweet plantain chips, and sweet and salty almonds. Because I got some Italian beer, I thought I could add a spread of cheeses, salami and baguette crisps.
I also found some entertainment essentials; like shot glasses and Olivewood Cheese Cutting Board I needed for the beer flights. And additional serving items, which made it easy to serve all the bites – I’m linking those for you below.
The (Six) Beer Flights
My picks for the beer flights included Birra Moretti, Peroni, Purple Haze, Lagunitas IPA, Red Stripe and Tsingtao.
- Birra Moretti and Peroni, which I had in Italy before are light bodied and paired well with the cheeses, salami and baguette crisps tray.
- Purple Haze from Louisiana, is a personal favorite! It is a bit darker in color but light in taste, and I loved pairing it with the sweet and salty almonds and bourbon popcorn.
- Lagunitas IPA was a new one for me! It is dark in color and has a robust and fruity taste. So, I liked the way it contrasted the salty pretzels.
- Jamaica’s Red Stripe is one that I had seen many times before, but not tried. I liked the taste; it is light and went well with the crumbled sausage Margheritta flatbread. You could also try a chicken flatbread recipe.
- Lastly, China’s Tsingtao was another new flavorful beer to add to my list of favorites. Light bodied and it paired well with the plantain chips.
As promised, below are the items that I purchased at Cost Plus World Market. You can shop online and even find some of these at your local store to make your summer entertaining a breeze. 😉