The Texas State Fair is one of those bucket list items; you just have to go! Especially, if you live in Texas. While, I always wanted to go, talked about it and planned for it, for some reason I wouldn’t follow through. This year seemed like it would be the same. But I made it out to the fair with the family and it was so much fun!
I am a foodie, so I will admit that I went for the food. I searched for the most popular items and got the chance to try some of the 2017 Big Tex Choice Awards Winners; Funnel Cake Bacon Queso Burger and Gulf Coast Fish Bowl. One word; Yum! 🙂
While, the rest of the family enjoyed the rides and sweets. Cotton candy in particular, it’s a favorite even for the littlest. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but I have to say that the fair was amazing. There was so much to do and even with the big crowds we got to enjoy it all.
Though, Fall is not as busy as summer, there are still a few items left on my bucket list for the season.
Five Fall Activities in Houston
- Dewberry Farm is a must! My littlest has not been, so I am excited to take her.
- Oil Ranch is another fun place, my little loves it. Her field day was here last year and she’s begged to go back since.
- Houston Arboretum is a perfect place to visit now that the temperatures has dropped a bit here in Houston.
- The Greater Houston Food Truck Festival because I am a foodie, I have to make an effort to make it to the food truck festival this year.
- 22nd Annual Children’s Festival because I am all about cheap fun with the littles.
If you’re in the Houston area, make sure to check these out.