The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who are inspiring, creative, and who bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
When I found out that Sophie at So Finely Lived nominated me, I was beyond excited.
Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs (notify them) and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display your own version of the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My Answers to Sophie’s Questions
What made you want to start your blog?
I have always loved writing; so blogging seemed like a natural way to let out my creative side. I danced around the idea for a while and finally decided to go for it.
What is your favorite blog post that you have written?
I recently decided to go out on a limb and write a post giving fellow newbie bloggers advise to grow their Instagram audience. This has been one of my most viewed posts, which makes me think it has been useful. Read more about my tips here.
What is the hardest thing that you’ve learned about blogging?
I have only been blogging for a few months, but I have to say that the hardest thing I have learned about blogging so far, is that it takes a lot of work. Sure, you can start a blog and write, but it takes effort to get traffic to your blog, to plan your posts, etc.
What is your advice for someone who is interested in starting their own blog?
If you want to start a blog, my best advise is to just go for it. Seriously! While planning is important, sometimes it’s good to just take the first step, everything else slowly falls into place.
How do you find different bloggers to connect and engage with?
Facebook blogger groups have been the perfect place for connecting with other bloggers. Instagram has also been a great tool for finding bloggers in my niche.
What makes your blog unique?
While I am a lifestyle blogger and my blog focuses on topics like food, travel, style, and more; I do my best to be consistent. This means that every Tuesday my readers can come back for recipes and on Thursdays, they can come back for a style post.
What is the last country that you visited and what was your most memorable moment from that trip?
My last vacation was to Panama. This place is also home! I haven’t lived there in over 18 years – expect for when I moved back for a year in 2005. Spending time with friends and family there is always the most memorable part of any visit. I have to say that visiting Bocas del Toro was pretty memorable, there’s something special about discovering new places in your own town.
What is the weirdest food that you’ve had while visiting a different town/city/country?
In 2014, we traveled to Scotland and being the adventurer that I am, I wanted to try something authentic. The locals told me Haggis was it! It was absolutely something different!
What makes you happy?
My children; their laughter, smell, sweet faces, it all just makes me happy. Traveling also makes me happy. I grew up overseas, so I’m naturally curious of new places and have a need to travel somewhere new at least once a year.
How do you blow off steam?
I’ve become quite the runner and this is a new way for me to blow off steam. If I’m not running, writing down how I feel helps me blow off steam.
What is your spirit animal?
I think the octopus! I may only be saying this because I often feel like one. Seeing that I’m always juggling multiple tasks.
And My Nominees For The Sunshine Blogger Award Are…
- Jessica – The Trendy Voyager
- Kirsten – Faithful Homemaking
- Alise – Lises Peace
- Shelby – White Skies Blog
- Paola – The Sparkling Bubble Blog
- Janel – My Mayne Wardrobe
- Nicole – Home on Poplar Creek
- Crystal – Holliday Collective
- Stephanie – Vim and Vigor
- Natalie – Tropical Edge
- Kristen – The Sophisticated Gal
And my questions to you lovely bloggers are.
- What’s behind your blog’s name?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What’s the favorite blog post you have written?
- What inspires you?
- Are you a full time blogger or have plans to become one?
- Who’s the biggest supporter of your blog?
- What advice do you have for newbie bloggers?
- Do you collaborate? If so, what do you look for in a potential collaboration?
- What other bloggers inspire you?
- What’s one pro and one con about blogging?
- Summer is almost here, what’s your favorite thing to do this season?
Make sure to visit their blogs and show them some love.